So a very kind soul sent me a Liebster award thingy. Ummmm… Ok. So I looked it up and it is pretty much a blog version of a chain letter. First my response is that way back in the day when the internet was new, and chain letters flew around daily, I did the one that forever released me from them and rendered any form of metaphysical aftermath null and void. Secondly, however, lots of love to the person who sent it to me so this is for you. Because it’s just for you, I am breaking the chain and not nominating anyone else
What is your top 5 favorite books? To be honest, I am not that much of a reader, and when I do read it is slow. That is because if something really cool happens I like to reread that part a few times. So the list below is just what came to mind at the time and is not in any sort of order
3. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Do Dr. Manhatten stuff I suppose… Just not walking around in a thong all day.
4. What is one of your favorite quotes?
I’ve… seen things you people wouldn’t believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like… tears… in… rain. Time to die…
5. What song best captures the moment in your life right now?
Time, Pink Floyd
6. At what age did you start feeling like an adult?
Ha! I’m a 40 year old boy.
7. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would you live?
The Upper Peninsula of Michigan, right on lake Superior
9. Which teacher most inspired you, if any?
I wouldn’t say inspired, but they made me feel human and respected: Mrs. Kennedy, Mr. Dawkins, Mr. Carlyl and Mr. Arnhoff.
10. If you could change one thing about your personality, what would you change?
I’m lazy as hell.
11. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breath?
When I was on top of Mt. Ooyama. It was so quiet which is strange in Japan where there is so much white noise.
11 random facts about me… Oh for fuck sake…
1. I am either pessimistic or optimistic, whichever keeps a balance.
2. I’m finicky.
3. I would rather go down with the ship than give up on it.
4. I make very few friends because my loyalty to them is absolute.
5. I like almost every musical form except country and rap, though there are exceptions
6. I have one tattoo, and I wish I never got it.
7. I can often be contradictory.
8. I rarely get angry, but when I do it’s quiet, cold and forever.
9. I think it’s hilarious when people spend a lot of money trying to be something they obviously aren’t.
10. When people talk about all the places they have traveled, the only thing that comes to mind is what are they running from?
11. I dislike any sort of proselytizer. That includes religious, political and dietary.